BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Our ManagementBoard Of Directors
Michael Chin President Director
Erik Mul Finance Director
Bambang Britono Corporate Affairs Director
Chew Boon Hee (Boon Hee) Supply Chain Director
Hning Wahyu Wicaksono Human Resources Director
Rudy Hidayat Sales Director PT Multi Bintang Indonesia Niaga
Francis Aswin Marketing Director PT Multi Bintang Indonesia Niaga
The Directors are collectively responsible for managing the Company. Each Director is entitled to represent the Company in and outside the court on all matters and in any event binding to the Company with other parties and to carry out any management action.
Pursuant to the Company’s Articles of Association, members of the Board of Directors are appointed and dismissed by a mechanism within the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders. The term of office of the Board of Directors is counted from the date of the AGMS that appointed them until the closing of the third AGMS after the date of such appointment, without prejudice to the right of the AGMS to dismiss a Director at any time before their term expires. In event of a substitution prior to the end of this term or the appointment of an individual as an additional member of the existing BOD, the new member will serve for the remaining term of office of the other members still serving.
The GMS has the authority to dismiss members of the Board of Directors before their term expires if the individual is associated with one of the following significant concerns: (a) cannot perform his/her duties properly, (b) does not implement the regulations and/or the corporate statutes, (c) is declared bankrupt or under remission based on a court decision, (d) is found guilty by a court decision that has legal binding, (e) resigns, or (f) passes away.
Duties of the Board of Directors
Pursuant to the Company’s Articles of Association, the Directors are obliged to carry out all activities related to the Company’s management for the interest of the Company and in accordance with the Company’s goals. The Directors also represent the Company in or outside a court of law on any matter and event with certain exceptions as provided in the regulations, corporate statutes and/or AGMS’ decisions.
The Board of Directors present their management accountability in the form of an annual report that includes, among other matters, the financial statements and the report on the Company’s activities and the implementation of GCG, which is submitted to the AGMS. The annual report must be approved by the AGMS, while the financial statements shall be ratified by the AGMS. The Board of Directors accountability to the AGMS is the manifestation of the Company’s compliance with GCG principals.
The duties of Board of Directors are, among others:
- To ensure that the Company's operational activities run in accordance with the goals;
- To formulate the long-term business plan and prepare the annual budget plan for approval by the Board of Commissioners;
- To implement the Company's business plan to achieve the targeted goals;
- To make an annual report on the Company as a form of its accountability, and prepare financial reports as provided for by law;
- To prepare the Company's financial statements based on existing accounting standards, and provide them to a public accountant to be audited;
- To build the corporate structure and fill the positions with employees who are competent to do the work based on the job descriptions;
- To make reports and explanations at the request of the Board of Commissioners;
- To do other tasks in accordance with the corporate statutes and GMS decisions which are in line with the existing regulations and laws.
In carrying out its duties, the Board of Directors uphold the principles of good corporate governance, including corporate social responsibility.
Scope of Work of the Board of Directors
In order to perform their duties effectively and efficiently, the Board of Directors distribute the tasks according to competencies of each member, based on an agreement between the members. Nevertheless, this distribution of tasks does not limit their authority as intersectoral directors in the decision-making process. The BOD meets on a monthly basis to review performance and resource issues, and at any other time deemed necessary.
Training and Development for the Board of Directors
Members of the Board of Directors are expected to keep abreast of developments in the industry and other general issues related to management, technology, human resources, finance and HSE, and to attend any relevant training to improve their knowledge and competence.